Netflix beat their EPS of .81 by 5 cents
Netflix’s revenue was 1.27 billion dollars
- Netflix (NFLX) expects Q2 EPS of $1.12, above a $1 consensus. The company plans to raise prices by $1-$2/month (depending on the country) later in Q2 for new members. Existing members will maintain their current prices “for a generous time period.”
- 2.25M U.S. streaming subs were added in Q1, in-line with guidance. 1.75M international subs were added, beating a forecast of 1.6M. 200K DVD subs were lost, lowering the total base to 6.7M.
- Netflix ended Q1 with 35.67M U.S. streaming subs, and 12.68M international subs. It expects to added 520K and 940K U.S. and international subs in Q2, respectively.
- The company declares its international ops are “on a path to achieve profitability this year.”
- Q1 free cash flow was $8M vs. $5M in Q4 and -$42M a year ago. Streaming content obligations are at $7.1B vs. $7.3B at the end of Q4 and $5.7B a year ago